What causes leaky gut syndrome?
The main culprits are foods, infections, and toxins. Gluten is the number one cause of leaky gut. Other inflammatory foods like dairy or toxic foods, such sugar and excessive alcohol, are suspected as well.
The most common infectious causes are candida overgrowth, intestinal parasites, and small intestine bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). Toxins come in the form of medications, like Motrin, Advil, steroids, antibiotics, and acid-reducing drugs, and environmental toxins like mercury, pesticides and BPA from plastics. Stress and age also contribute to a leaky gut.
11 Signs You Have a Leaky Gut
1. Digestive system issues such as gas, bloating, diarrhea or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
2. Seasonal allergies or asthma.
3. Hormonal imbalances such as PMS or PCOS.
4. Diagnosis of an autoimmune disease such as rheumatoid arthritis, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis, lupus, psoriasis, or celiac disease.
5. Diagnosis of chronic fatigue or fibromyalgia.
6. Mood and mind issues such as depression, anxiety, ADD or ADHD.
7. Skin issues such as acne, rosacea, or eczema.
8. Diagnosis of candida overgrowth.
9. Food allergies, food sensitivities or food intolerances.
10. Poor immune system
11. Arthritis or joint pain
Can you treat leaky gut?
Through advanced medical testing we can identify what foods your body specifically reacts to and help you design a comprehensive elimination diet, which removes the toxic and inflammatory foods for a certain period of time.
For a free consultation with us to see if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome Click the link: https://www.springshealth.org/scheduling
*see full article https://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-10908/9-signs-you-have-a-leaky-gut.html